Lash Lift Aftercare Tips to Maintain your Gorgeous LooksJanuary 30, 2020 0 Comment Category:
Lash lift is the latest eyelash-enhancing treatment that works to give you naturally long and beautiful lashes. The results of the procedure last around 6 to 8 weeks on average and there is no need to visit the beauty technician in the meantime for any maintenance. When you go for a keratin lash lift procedure for the first time, the professional will deep condition your eyelashes with a keratin solution to strengthen them before applying the perming lotion. This will help ensure that you get perfectly curled, and naturally longer and stronger lashes after treatment. However, in order to make sure that you get the best results it is recommended to leave your lashes untouched for at least 24 hours.
It is also required that you take a few precautions after your lash lift procedure to make sure that your lashes do not drop or lose their shape too soon. Below are some of the most important lash lift aftercare steps that you should consider following post-treatment.
Lash Lift Aftercare
- Keep them dry: As lash lift involves applying specialized solutions to a delicate area, you should make sure to keep your eyelashes dry for at least 24 to 48 hours after the procedure. Avoiding moisture will help to ensure that the curl settles in properly. This means avoiding getting your lashes wet in the shower as well!
- No pillow cuddling: Do not let anything touch your eyelashes for at least 48 hours. Avoid anything that could lead to accidental tears or risk your lashes in any way. Moreover, try to sleep on your back for a couple of days to prevent your eyelashes from getting scrunched.
- Using mascara: While there is no need to use mascara after lift lash to look stunning, you might still want to wear mascara to give an added touch to your makeup. If you plan to do so, use only oil-free mascara, and that too, only after 48 hours of the procedure.
- Be aware of allergies: If you wear eye makeup after lift lash treatment, make sure to use oil-free eye makeup remover as well. This will ensure that it does not cause any allergies or damage your eyelids. When choosing an eye makeup remover, stay away from those having parabens.
- Condition your eyelashes: Any treated hair needs to be conditioned regularly to maintain the results. You can use a mild nourishing essence to protect and moisturize your eyelashes after the lash lift procedure. However, it will be wiser to consult with the beauty technician before trying any conditioner on your newly curled lashes.