The Pros and Cons of Lash Lift TreatmentJanuary 18, 2020 0 Comment Category:
Lash lifts are all the rage now and the eyelash trend continues to become even more popular as it gets coverage and praised all over social media. A lash lift procedure can help give you a more natural, wide-eyed look while creating a more subtle and dramatic appearance than what you can achieve with traditional lash extensions.
Below are some of the pros and cons of lash lift treatment to help you better understand why it is taking the world by storm.
Lash Lift Benefits
- Lash lift works by enhancing the beauty of your natural eyelashes. There is no gluing involved and the stunning and beautiful look you achieve from your end result is all you! No fake lashes involved.
- Lash lifts are cheaper than lash extensions. Generally, lash lift procedures can cost anywhere from $75 to $140 while lash extensions can go from $200 to $300 and may require you to come in again for touch-ups which add to the cost.
- You do not need any touchups after a lash lift treatment. Once the entire process is completed then you are done! The entire treatment should only take 45 to 60 minutes with additional time added if you decide to add in a lash tiny. That’s much less time than with extensions not including the fact that you may also need to regularly visit your aesthetician for lash extension maintenance.
- Lash lift offers more lasting results than lash extensions. Lash lifts can last for around 8 to 12 weeks, while lash extensions last for only 3 to 4 weeks.
- You can wear eye makeup and mascara after 48 hours of the lash lift procedure. This will help you to get a more vivid and impressive look.
Lash Lift Drawbacks
- If not done by a professionally trained beautician a lash lift can harm your eyelashes. Always be sure to visit a certified Lash Lift artist to make sure you get beautifully lifted lashes every time.
- For better results, you may be asked to prep your eyelashes beforehand and avoid wearing eye makeup a few days prior to your appointment.
- If you have very sensitive eyes let your lash lift artist know as the solution can sometimes feel irritating to those with more delicate eyes.
- After having your eyes closed during the procedure you may experience slightly blurry vision once the lash lift is finished.
- The lash lift treatment may not reveal remarkable results if you are someone who already has naturally curly eyelashes.
Overall, if you weigh the benefits of lash lift against its drawbacks you can see that it is worth it. You just need to ensure that you go to a licensed and experienced lash lift beauty technician for the procedure to get the best results. You can also ask for a sample test of the lash lift solution to see if you have any reaction to it. As for the blurry vision, it happens because you are required to keep your eyes shut during the entire process. That is a short-term side effect only and can never be a credible point to cancel out all the amazing benefits of lash lift.